We may collect your “Personal Data”, which we can use to identify or contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, religion, gender, race, language(s) spoken, emergency contact information, e-mail address, date of birth, identification number (where required or allowed by law, or necessary), marital status, or the Personal Data of your family members, and any other information necessary to our purposes, which is voluntarily disclosed in the course of dealing with us.
We will treat your Personal Data as confidential and will accord the required level of care in accordance with our Policy and with the Personal Data Protection Act (Act 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”).
We may collect Personal Data from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, apply for membership, visit our premises, make a donation to us, sign for or use our services, or when you contact CHCSA.
We may collect your Personal Data when we collaborate with or utilise the services of organisations that we may work with, both in official and unofficial capacities (our “Affiliated Organisations”), in the provision of our services and also when we receive Personal Date collected by those Affiliated Organisations in the course of the collaboration or performance of their services for us or otherwise.
Depending on your relationship with us, we will generally use and/or process your Personal Data for various purposes, which include but are not limited to:
- Verifying your identity and updating our records.
- Developing, operating, improving, delivering and maintaining our services.
- Providing a range of services to you or to link you to our Affiliated Organisations or other service providers.
- Conducting research and surveys in a community setting.
- Sending you materials or updates.
- Asking for and receiving payment from you.
- Responding to your questions and resolving your complaints.
- Publicity or promotion of our events, activities, and services.
- Developing and training our staff, volunteers, and employees, and those of our Affiliated Organisations.
- Carrying out polls, surveys, analysis, and research as well as soliciting feedback on how our services are being used and how we can improve them.
- Performing such other functions or services as otherwise notified to you at the time.
We work hard to protect CHCSA and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.
We restrict access to personal information to CHCSA employees, beneficiaries and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
Accessing and updating your information
It is CHCSA’s policy to keep your Personal Data only for so long as needed for such purposes. At any time, you may obtain a copy of the Personal Data on record with CHCSA which has been collected about you via the Website or through Affiliate Organisations. In addition, at any time you may request:
- that CHCSA correct any such Personal Data; or
- to withdraw the consent you previously provided to CHCSA to use, collect, or disclose the information we hold about you; or
- that such Personal Data be removed from CHCSA's databases.
To make a request as described above, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including an appropriate subject header indicating the issue you are contacting us for, which would assist us in attending to your email speedily.